Iselyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eileen:
English variant of the French Aveline, a name derived from the Germanic Avila, which is thought to be a Latinate form of Aveza, a name ultimately of uncertain meaning. Alternatively, Eileen is an Anglicized form of the Irish Eibhlín, a cognate of Evelyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Iselyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Iselyn
- Comments and insights on the name Iselyn
Iselyn (pronounced EYE-LIHN) is the Dolphese form of Eileen and a variant of the word "island." It is pronounced like "island" but without the "d."
Alternative spellings include...
- Personal experiences with the name Iselyn
- Nicknames for Iselyn
The most common nickname for Iselyn is "Ily."
- Meanings and history of the name Iselyn
- Famous real-life people named Iselyn
- Iselyn in song, story & screen