Isidora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isadora:
Feminine form of Isidoros (gift of Isis), a compound name composed of the name of the Egyptian goddess of fertility, Isis, and the Greek element dōron (gift).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Isidora? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Isidora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Isidora
- Comments and insights on the name Isidora
- Personal experiences with the name Isidora
- Nicknames for Isidora
- Meanings and history of the name Isidora
Feminine form of Isidore (which means "gift of Isis") and original form of Isadora.
Pronounced: ee-see-DHO-rah (Spanish), ee-zee-DO-rah (Italian), iz-i-DAWR-ə (English)
- Famous real-life people named Isidora
Saint Isidora, 4th century Christian nun and hermitess.
Isidora Zegers, Spanish composer.
Isidora Sekulić, Serbian writer.
- Isidora in song, story & screen