Itala Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Itala? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Itala
Contribute your knowledge to the name Itala
- Comments and insights on the name Itala
Italian Pronunciation: Ee-Tah-Lah.
- Personal experiences with the name Itala
- Nicknames for Itala
- Meanings and history of the name Itala
Feminine form of masculine "Italo," which is in turn the Modern Italian version of Mythology name "Italus," meaning, "Of Italy" in Latin. In Roman legend, "Italus" fathered Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome. Italus supposedly gave his name to the region known as Italia or Italy, but actually the region got its name from the ancient tribe called the "Itali."
- Famous real-life people named Itala
- Itala in song, story & screen