Jackelyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jaclyn:
Borrowed from the French, Jacqueline is a feminine form of Jacques, which is a variant of James and Jacob. Both of these names are derived from the Hebrew ya`aqob (supplanting, seizing by the heel).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jackelyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jackelyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jackelyn
- Comments and insights on the name Jackelyn
A creative way to spell Jaclyn of Jacqueline without the common spelling.
- Personal experiences with the name Jackelyn
- Nicknames for Jackelyn
- Meanings and history of the name Jackelyn
- Famous real-life people named Jackelyn
- Jackelyn in song, story & screen