Jalissa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alissa:
A variant form of Alicia (nobility). Variant form of Alice (nobility), a name which evolved through a series of variants from the Germanic Adalheidis (noble one, nobility). Alternatively, the name Alyssa can be derived from the name of the alyssum flower. Var: Alicia, Alycia, Alyssa. Pet: Ali.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jalissa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jalissa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jalissa
- Comments and insights on the name Jalissa
- Personal experiences with the name Jalissa
My best friend is named Jalissa!!!
My best friend from college is named Jalissa (: my daughter calls her Aunt Jissa.
- Nicknames for Jalissa
Jissa, Jissy, Liss
- Meanings and history of the name Jalissa
- Famous real-life people named Jalissa
- Jalissa in song, story & screen