Jamila Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jamila:
Derived from the Arabic jamīl (beautiful, graceful), which is from jamula (to be beautiful).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jamila? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jamila
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jamila
- Comments and insights on the name Jamila
- Personal experiences with the name Jamila
- Nicknames for Jamila
Mila, Mo, Mila Mo, Jamie, Mia, Jay, Jayla
- Meanings and history of the name Jamila
An Arabic and African name. The name derives from the name Jamula which means "to be beautiful"…Jamila means "beautiful"
- Famous real-life people named Jamila
There is a UK singer name Jamila and also a famous LA DJ named Jamila.
- Jamila in song, story & screen