Janelie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jane:
English cognate of the French Jehanne and Jeanne, which are feminine forms of Jean, a cognate of John (God is gracious). Jane, a perennially popular name, was the name of the central character in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre (1847).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Janelie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Janelie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Janelie
- Comments and insights on the name Janelie
I tind this name to be a fun and pretty combination of Jane and Lisa.
- Personal experiences with the name Janelie
I created it when I thought about Janice. I thought it sounded too simple so I just spiced it up a little.
- Nicknames for Janelie
Jane, Lisa, Lie, Nelly, Nellie
- Meanings and history of the name Janelie
- Famous real-life people named Janelie
- Janelie in song, story & screen