Jessye Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jessie:
Originated as a pet form of the names Janet and Jean (God is gracious). Now, however, it is more commonly used as a feminine form of Jesse, which is derived from the Hebrew yīshai (gift).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jessye? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jessye
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jessye
- Comments and insights on the name Jessye
- Personal experiences with the name Jessye
- Nicknames for Jessye
- Meanings and history of the name Jessye
- Famous real-life people named Jessye
Jessye Norman, American soprano, opera singer
- Jessye in song, story & screen