Jeyne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jane:
English cognate of the French Jehanne and Jeanne, which are feminine forms of Jean, a cognate of John (God is gracious). Jane, a perennially popular name, was the name of the central character in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre (1847).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jeyne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jeyne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jeyne
- Comments and insights on the name Jeyne
- Personal experiences with the name Jeyne
- Nicknames for Jeyne
- Meanings and history of the name Jeyne
- Famous real-life people named Jeyne
- Jeyne in song, story & screen
Its a variant of Jane used in George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series.