Jitka Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Judith:
Cognate of the Hebrew Jehudith and Yehudit, which are feminine forms of Jehuda and Yehudhah. These names, Anglicized as Judah, mean "he will be praised." Because Judah was also the name of a kingdom in ancient Palestine, the name can also mean "from Judah."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jitka? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jitka
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jitka
- Comments and insights on the name Jitka
means "Jewish woman - woman from Judea"
- Personal experiences with the name Jitka
Sexy, confident, assured but humble, great communicator, good mother.
- Nicknames for Jitka
- Meanings and history of the name Jitka
Common Czech equivalent of "Judy" -- it's the nickname for Judita (Judith).
- Famous real-life people named Jitka
- Jitka in song, story & screen