Jóna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joanna:
Middle Latin feminine form of Joannes (God is gracious). The name is derived from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jóna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jóna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jóna
- Comments and insights on the name Jóna
Icelandic form of Joanna
- Personal experiences with the name Jóna
- Nicknames for Jóna
- Meanings and history of the name Jóna
- Famous real-life people named Jóna
- Jóna in song, story & screen