Jocelyne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jocelyn:
A transferred use of the surname derived from the French Joscelin. Joscelin is derived from the obsolete Gautzelin, which finds its root in the Germanic tribal name Gauts. Jocelyn was originally bestowed upon male children, but now it is an exclusively female name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jocelyne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jocelyne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jocelyne
- Comments and insights on the name Jocelyne
- Personal experiences with the name Jocelyne
- Nicknames for Jocelyne
Joce, Jocey, Joyce, Jolie
- Meanings and history of the name Jocelyne
- Famous real-life people named Jocelyne
- Jocelyne in song, story & screen