Jocelynn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jocelyn:
A transferred use of the surname derived from the French Joscelin. Joscelin is derived from the obsolete Gautzelin, which finds its root in the Germanic tribal name Gauts. Jocelyn was originally bestowed upon male children, but now it is an exclusively female name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jocelynn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jocelynn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jocelynn
- Comments and insights on the name Jocelynn
- Personal experiences with the name Jocelynn
- Nicknames for Jocelynn
- Meanings and history of the name Jocelynn
- Famous real-life people named Jocelynn
- Jocelynn in song, story & screen