Joelle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joelle:
Feminine form of Joel, the Anglicized form of Yoel, which is derived from the Hebrew yō'ēl (Jehovah is his God).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Joelle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Joelle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Joelle
- Comments and insights on the name Joelle
- Personal experiences with the name Joelle
- Nicknames for Joelle
My English teacher Mr. McGee on the first day of class informed me that my name was too difficult to pronounce the correct way. He decided my ALL NEW name would be Jo-Lee. That one stuck for ALOT of years. I didn't mind it.
- my dad called me Elle. But the rest of the family used to call me Joelley (with and y/ie sound at the end.) but when my little cousin was little and couldnt say it she said Jelly. So that name stuck till today. I also am called Jojo, Jo, or Ellie.
- Meanings and history of the name Joelle
- Famous real-life people named Joelle
Joelle Taylor Niki Taylor's older sister.
Joelle Carter an actress
Joelle 'JoJo' Siwa, Reality TV star and Dancer from Lifetime's 'Dance Moms' and 'Abby's Ultimate Dance Competiton'
- Joelle in song, story & screen
Joelle Van Dyne from "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace
Joelle from the french film "Day for Night"
Joelle Fillmore mother to the main character on the cartoon series "Fillmore"