Johannah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Johanna:
Middle Latin feminine form of Joannes (God is gracious). The name is derived from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Johannah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Johannah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Johannah
- Comments and insights on the name Johannah
- Personal experiences with the name Johannah
- Nicknames for Johannah
- Meanings and history of the name Johannah
A variant of Johanna meaning "God is Gracious"
- Famous real-life people named Johannah
Johannah Duggar, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's sixteenth child.
- Johannah in song, story & screen