Johanne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joanne:
Middle Latin feminine form of Joannes (God is gracious). The name is derived from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Johanne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Johanne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Johanne
- Comments and insights on the name Johanne
This is the French version of Joanne.
- Personal experiences with the name Johanne
- Nicknames for Johanne
- Meanings and history of the name Johanne
- Famous real-life people named Johanne
Johanne Bégin, a Canadian waterpolo player
Johanne Deschamps, a Canadian politician
Johanne Luise Heiberg (née Pätges), a 19th century Danish actress
- Johanne in song, story & screen