Johnny Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joan:
Contracted form of the French Johanne, which is a feminine form of John (God is gracious). The name's most famous bearer is perhaps Joan of Ark (1412 - 31), the young French saint and heroine claimed to be a soldier of God. Under her leadership, the French Army defeated the English at Orleans in 1429. She was eventually captured and sold to the English who burned her at the stake for witchcraft in 1431. She was canonized in 1920.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Johnny? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Johnny
Contribute your knowledge to the name Johnny
- Comments and insights on the name Johnny
- Personal experiences with the name Johnny
- Nicknames for Johnny
John, Jo, Joey
- Meanings and history of the name Johnny
- Famous real-life people named Johnny
- Johnny in song, story & screen