Joie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Josephine:
English form of the French Joséphine, a feminine form of Joseph, which is derived from the Hebrew Yōsēf (God will add, God will increase).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Joie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Joie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Joie
- Comments and insights on the name Joie
- Personal experiences with the name Joie
- Nicknames for Joie
Joie means "joy" in French. So it could be a nickname or derivative of Josephine, but it also has it's own distinct translation.
- Meanings and history of the name Joie
Same as joseph
- Famous real-life people named Joie
Joey heatherton,actress popular in the late 1960's
- Joie in song, story & screen
I've only heard it, as the actress