Jordin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jordan:
Derived from the Hebrew yarden (to flow down, descend). The name was originally used in the Middle Ages for a child baptized in holy water said to be from the river Jordan.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jordin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jordin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jordin
- Comments and insights on the name Jordin
- Personal experiences with the name Jordin
- Nicknames for Jordin
- Meanings and history of the name Jordin
- Famous real-life people named Jordin
Jordin Sparks - vocalist and winner of American Idol
- Jordin in song, story & screen