Josafina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Josefina:
A diminutive form of Josefa, a feminine form of Joseph, an Ecclesiastic Late Latin form of the Greek Iōsēph, which is from the Hebrew Yosef, a derivative of yōsēf (may he add, God shall add).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Josafina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Josafina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Josafina
- Comments and insights on the name Josafina
- Personal experiences with the name Josafina
My daughter is named Josafina. She is named after her great aunt 'Josephine' who is nicknamed 'Fina'. Auntie Fina is 90 years older than my daughter. My daughter is also named for a great great grandmother who is named Josephine (and is Fina's mother).
- Nicknames for Josafina
Josie, Fina, Jo
- Meanings and history of the name Josafina
- Famous real-life people named Josafina
- Josafina in song, story & screen