Josannah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Josephine:
English form of the French Joséphine, a feminine form of Joseph, which is derived from the Hebrew Yōsēf (God will add, God will increase).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Josannah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Josannah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Josannah
- Comments and insights on the name Josannah
It's a nice alternative to Johannah or Joanna, but also ties into Susannah. Josannah could also be used as an alternative to Josephine, and therefore be shortened to Josie or Jo.
- Personal experiences with the name Josannah
My great aunt was called Josannah Helen and so one of my niece's middle names is Josannah (Caitlin Josannah)
- Nicknames for Josannah
- Meanings and history of the name Josannah
God will add to, or "Jehovah Increases"
- Famous real-life people named Josannah
- Josannah in song, story & screen