Josefine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Josephine:
English form of the French Joséphine, a feminine form of Joseph, which is derived from the Hebrew Yōsēf (God will add, God will increase).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Josefine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Josefine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Josefine
- Comments and insights on the name Josefine
Fairly common in Scandinavia. Pronounced "Yoo-seh-FEE-neh".
- Personal experiences with the name Josefine
- Nicknames for Josefine
Josie, Joey, Fine (FEE-neh), Joe,
- Meanings and history of the name Josefine
"He will add".
- Famous real-life people named Josefine
Josefine Ottesen, Danish children's author
- Josefine in song, story & screen