Jourdain Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jordan:
Derived from the Hebrew yarden (to flow down, descend). The name was originally used in the Middle Ages for a child baptized in holy water said to be from the river Jordan.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jourdain? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jourdain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jourdain
- Comments and insights on the name Jourdain
- Personal experiences with the name Jourdain
I named my daughter Jourdain and came to find out a station of the Paris Metro shares the name. I had never seen it previously.
- Nicknames for Jourdain
- Meanings and history of the name Jourdain
- Famous real-life people named Jourdain
- Jourdain in song, story & screen