Joya Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Joya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Joya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Joya
- Comments and insights on the name Joya
Joya has a spanish and italian origin and means Jewel. Italian spelling of the name is Gioia
- Personal experiences with the name Joya
My name is Joya
- Nicknames for Joya
- Meanings and history of the name Joya
Joya means "jewel" in Spanish. Was long popular with Sephardim or "Spanish Jews" who pronounce it with a hard J instead of a silent one.
- Famous real-life people named Joya
Joya Sherrill - A jazz singer and former TV Host of "Its Time for Joya" A childrens show broadcast on PBS in the 1970's
- Joya in song, story & screen