Judit Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Judith:
Cognate of the Hebrew Jehudith and Yehudit, which are feminine forms of Jehuda and Yehudhah. These names, Anglicized as Judah, mean "he will be praised." Because Judah was also the name of a kingdom in ancient Palestine, the name can also mean "from Judah."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Judit? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Judit
Contribute your knowledge to the name Judit
- Comments and insights on the name Judit
form of Judith used in Danish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish
- Personal experiences with the name Judit
- Nicknames for Judit
- Meanings and history of the name Judit
- Famous real-life people named Judit
- Judit in song, story & screen