Judita Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Judith:
Cognate of the Hebrew Jehudith and Yehudit, which are feminine forms of Jehuda and Yehudhah. These names, Anglicized as Judah, mean "he will be praised." Because Judah was also the name of a kingdom in ancient Palestine, the name can also mean "from Judah."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Judita? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Judita
Contribute your knowledge to the name Judita
- Comments and insights on the name Judita
Czech and Slovak form of Judith
- Personal experiences with the name Judita
- Nicknames for Judita
- Meanings and history of the name Judita
- Famous real-life people named Judita
- Judita in song, story & screen
Judita is a Croatian epic poem written by the "father of Croatian literature" Marko Marulić in 1501.