Judite Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Judith:
Cognate of the Hebrew Jehudith and Yehudit, which are feminine forms of Jehuda and Yehudhah. These names, Anglicized as Judah, mean "he will be praised." Because Judah was also the name of a kingdom in ancient Palestine, the name can also mean "from Judah."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Judite? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Judite
Contribute your knowledge to the name Judite
- Comments and insights on the name Judite
Portuguese form of Judith
- Personal experiences with the name Judite
- Nicknames for Judite
- Meanings and history of the name Judite
- Famous real-life people named Judite
Judite Sousa, a Portuguese journalist
- Judite in song, story & screen