Kailey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kailey:
Transferred use of the Anglicized Irish surname, which is from the Gaelic Mac Caollaidhe (son of Caollaidhe) and O'Caollaidhe (descendant of Caollaidhe). The name is derived from caol (slender). Var: Kailee, Kaili, Kali, Kaylea, Kaylee, Kayleigh.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kailey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kailey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kailey
- Comments and insights on the name Kailey
- Personal experiences with the name Kailey
- Nicknames for Kailey
KK, Kailz, Kay, Ley
- Meanings and history of the name Kailey
- Famous real-life people named Kailey
- Kailey in song, story & screen