Kallysta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Calista:
From the Greek Kallistō, a name meaning "she that is most beautiful," which is derived from kallos (beauty, beautiful). The name is borne in Roman mythology by a nymph, a daughter of the Arcadian king Lycaon, and mother of Arcas. Beloved by Jupiter, she was transformed into a she-bear by Juno and then placed among the constellations.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kallysta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kallysta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kallysta
- Comments and insights on the name Kallysta
respelling of calista
- Personal experiences with the name Kallysta
- Nicknames for Kallysta
- Meanings and history of the name Kallysta
- Famous real-life people named Kallysta
- Kallysta in song, story & screen