Kalysta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Calista:
From the Greek Kallistō, a name meaning "she that is most beautiful," which is derived from kallos (beauty, beautiful). The name is borne in Roman mythology by a nymph, a daughter of the Arcadian king Lycaon, and mother of Arcas. Beloved by Jupiter, she was transformed into a she-bear by Juno and then placed among the constellations.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kalysta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kalysta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kalysta
- Comments and insights on the name Kalysta
A respelling of Calista.
- Personal experiences with the name Kalysta
- Nicknames for Kalysta
- Meanings and history of the name Kalysta
- Famous real-life people named Kalysta
- Kalysta in song, story & screen