Kanya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tanya:
Originally a Russian pet form of Tatiana, which is of uncertain derivation.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kanya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kanya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kanya
- Comments and insights on the name Kanya
- Personal experiences with the name Kanya
- Nicknames for Kanya
- Meanings and history of the name Kanya
According to Indian astrology, Kanya is an astrological sign (Virgo.)
Hindi and Urdu word meaning "girl, maiden, virgin." From Sanskrit kanina meaning "new, fresh."
Pronounced: kan yā
- Famous real-life people named Kanya
- Kanya in song, story & screen