Karena Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karen:
Danish form of Katherine, a cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied). Var: Caren, Carin, Karen, Karena, Karrin, Karyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Karena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karena
- Comments and insights on the name Karena
- Personal experiences with the name Karena
People have a hard time spelling and pronouncing it.
- Nicknames for Karena
- Meanings and history of the name Karena
Possibly a form of Karen (from Katherine), or Carina. Yiddish origin, popular among Ashkenazi jewish populations in Europe.
- Famous real-life people named Karena
Karena Lam, Chinese actress and singer
Karena Post, Yiddish singer
- Karena in song, story & screen