Karla Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karla:
Variant form of Carla, a feminine form of Carl and Charles, both of which are derived from the Old English coerl (man, freeman, peasant). Var: Carla. Pet: Carley, Carli, Carly, Karley, Karli, Karly.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karla? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Karla
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karla
- Comments and insights on the name Karla
- Personal experiences with the name Karla
- Nicknames for Karla
- Meanings and history of the name Karla
Meaning: “free man”
feminine form of Karl
- Famous real-life people named Karla
Canadian serial killer Karla Homolka
- Karla in song, story & screen