Karol Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carol:
Feminine form of the Latin Carolus, which is a cognate of Charles (full-grown, a man, freeman), and a short form of Caroline, another feminine form of Carolus. Alternatively, the name is derived from the vocabulary word carol (joyous song, a carol). Var: Carol, Carrol, Carroll, Carryl, Caryl.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karol? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Karol
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karol
- Comments and insights on the name Karol
- Personal experiences with the name Karol
- Nicknames for Karol
- Meanings and history of the name Karol
- Famous real-life people named Karol
Karol Sevilla, actress better known for "Soy Luna"
- Karol in song, story & screen