Kassady Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cassidy:
Transferred use of the surname that is derived from the Irish surname O'Caiside which is of uncertain meaning. One historian believes it is derived from the Gaelic elements cas (a twisted lock of hair; ingenious, clever, sly) and the personal suffix -idhe: hence, "clever one, one with the twisted locks." Or from the Gaelic elements cais (love, esteem) and the plenary suffix -de: hence, "full of love and esteem." Short: Cass. Pet: Cassi, Cassie, Cassy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kassady? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kassady
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kassady
- Comments and insights on the name Kassady
A respelling of Cassidy
- Personal experiences with the name Kassady
- Nicknames for Kassady
- Meanings and history of the name Kassady
- Famous real-life people named Kassady
- Kassady in song, story & screen