Kassidi Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cassidy:
Transferred use of the surname that is derived from the Irish surname O'Caiside which is of uncertain meaning. One historian believes it is derived from the Gaelic elements cas (a twisted lock of hair; ingenious, clever, sly) and the personal suffix -idhe: hence, "clever one, one with the twisted locks." Or from the Gaelic elements cais (love, esteem) and the plenary suffix -de: hence, "full of love and esteem." Short: Cass. Pet: Cassi, Cassie, Cassy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Kassidi
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kassidi
- Comments and insights on the name Kassidi
Good name to pair with other K names. Ex: Kassidi and Khristian, Kassidi and Kira
- Personal experiences with the name Kassidi
- Nicknames for Kassidi
- Meanings and history of the name Kassidi
- Famous real-life people named Kassidi
- Kassidi in song, story & screen