Katalin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Catherine:
English cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, which is derived from katharos (pure, unsullied). Catherine has remained a perennially popular name and has been borne by many saints and members of European nobility. Var: Catharine, Cathryn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Katalin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Katalin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Katalin
- Comments and insights on the name Katalin
- Personal experiences with the name Katalin
- Nicknames for Katalin
- Meanings and history of the name Katalin
Katalin is a Hungarian and Basque form of Catherine.
- Famous real-life people named Katalin
Katalin Kovacs, olympic medallist.
- Katalin in song, story & screen