Katarine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Catherine:
English cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, which is derived from katharos (pure, unsullied). Catherine has remained a perennially popular name and has been borne by many saints and members of European nobility. Var: Catharine, Cathryn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Katarine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Katarine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Katarine
- Comments and insights on the name Katarine
- Personal experiences with the name Katarine
- Nicknames for Katarine
- Meanings and history of the name Katarine
German and Danish form of Catherine.
- Famous real-life people named Katarine
- Katarine in song, story & screen