Katherina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katherine:
Cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Katherina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Katherina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Katherina
- Comments and insights on the name Katherina
I think that this is a very nice feminine name. Pronounced KATH-er-ee-nə.
(Or kat-eh-REE-na, especially in mainland Europe).
- Personal experiences with the name Katherina
- Nicknames for Katherina
Kat, Kate, Rina
- Meanings and history of the name Katherina
- Famous real-life people named Katherina
- Katherina in song, story & screen