Katla Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katherine:
Cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Katla? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Katla
Contribute your knowledge to the name Katla
- Comments and insights on the name Katla
Katla is and Icelandic/Nordic name and as a girl's name is a variant of Catherine (Greek) and Katherine (Greek), and the meaning of Katla is "pure".
Katla is also the name of a large volcano in Iceland.
- Personal experiences with the name Katla
- Nicknames for Katla
Kat Katie Katy
- Meanings and history of the name Katla
Comes from the Greek name Catherine/ Katherine
- Famous real-life people named Katla
- Katla in song, story & screen