Kayleigh Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kayleigh:
Transferred use of the Anglicized Irish surname, which is from the Gaelic Mac Caollaidhe (son of Caollaidhe) and O'Caollaidhe (descendant of Caollaidhe). The name is derived from caol (slender). Var: Kailee, Kaili, Kali, Kaylea, Kaylee.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kayleigh? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kayleigh
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kayleigh
- Comments and insights on the name Kayleigh
- Personal experiences with the name Kayleigh
- Nicknames for Kayleigh
Kay, KK, Kat, LeLe, Lei, KayKay, Kayl, Kaylpop, Gramma K
- Meanings and history of the name Kayleigh
Ceili: a Gaelic party.
Céilidh; in Scottish Gaelic, a celebration of life!
- Famous real-life people named Kayleigh
- Kayleigh in song, story & screen
Song: "Kayleigh" by Marillion on the “Misplaced Childhood” album