Kerttu Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gertrude:
Derived from the Old High German Geretrudis, a compound name composed of the elements ger (spear) and trut (maiden, dear) or þruþ (strength). The name Gertrude was introduced to England in the Middle Ages by German immigrants.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kerttu? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kerttu
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kerttu
- Comments and insights on the name Kerttu
Finnish form of Gertrude
- Personal experiences with the name Kerttu
- Nicknames for Kerttu
- Meanings and history of the name Kerttu
- Famous real-life people named Kerttu
- Kerttu in song, story & screen