Kharlotte Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Charlotte:
Feminine diminutive form of Charles (full-grown, a man), which originated in France but is just as commonly used in England.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kharlotte? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kharlotte
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kharlotte
- Comments and insights on the name Kharlotte
- Personal experiences with the name Kharlotte
My name is Kharlotte and people usually pronounce it correctly (like Charlotte) so its not that big of a problem.
- Nicknames for Kharlotte
- Meanings and history of the name Kharlotte
Kharlotte \ch(ar)-lotte, charl(ot)-te\ as a girl's name is pronounced SHAR-let. It is of Old German origin, and the meaning of Kharlotte is "free man". French feminine dimunitive of Charles, and a variant of Charlotte.
- Famous real-life people named Kharlotte
- Kharlotte in song, story & screen