Khora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cora:
Derived from the Greek Korē, which is from korē (maiden). The name is borne in Roman mythology as a byname for Proserpina and in Greek mythology as a byname for Persephone.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Khora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Khora
- Comments and insights on the name Khora
- Personal experiences with the name Khora
- Nicknames for Khora
- Meanings and history of the name Khora
Khora was used in philosophy by Plato to designate a receptacle, a space, or an interval in the Timaeus. Jacques Derrida has written a short text with the title Khora, using his deconstructionist approach to investigate Plato's word usage.
- Famous real-life people named Khora
- Khora in song, story & screen