Kiara Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ciara:
Irish name derived from ciar (black): hence, "black-haired one." In the U.S., Ciara is pronounced phonetically, rather than with its Gaelic pronunciation of keer-ah.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kiara? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kiara
- Chilean Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Chile 2010
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria) for 2012
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary 2010
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Victoria)
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kiara
- Comments and insights on the name Kiara
- Personal experiences with the name Kiara
- Nicknames for Kiara
Ki (sounds like Kye can also be spelt as Kia),
- Meanings and history of the name Kiara
Origin: Irish, as well as Italian,Latin,and Swahili
Meanings:Clear, Clear in thoughts; bright; famous,"
It is commonly used for little girls with dark hair or complexion.
Kiara is also used for girls who are clear in thought and are bright minded.
- Famous real-life people named Kiara
Saint Cera, also spelled Kiara, a 7th century Irish Roman Catholic saint
Kiara (Venezuelan entertainer) (born 1960), singer, actress, and TV presenter
Kiara was the name of an 80's R&B duo from Detroit, Michigan
Kiara Saulters (known by her stage name as Kiiara), American singer-songwriter
- Kiara in song, story & screen
Kiara was the name of Simba's daughter on Lion King II Simba's Pride.
"Kiara", a song from 2010 Bonobo album Black Sands
Kiara Rocks, Brazilian rock and roll band