Kimberleigh Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kimberly:
Of debated origin, Kimberely seems to be a borrowing of the name of the South African city and diamond-mining center. This Kimberley is though to be derived from kimberlite, a kind of peridotite rock which contains diamonds. Others think it to be derived from Lord Kimberley, whose name is believed to be a compound name composed of an Old English personal name of unknown meaning and lēah (wood, clearing, meadow, enclosure). Kimberely originated as a male name but is now more common as a female name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kimberleigh? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kimberleigh
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kimberleigh
- Comments and insights on the name Kimberleigh
Chose this name because of other child named Ashleigh. Kept with the "leigh" theme.
- Personal experiences with the name Kimberleigh
- Nicknames for Kimberleigh
- Meanings and history of the name Kimberleigh
- Famous real-life people named Kimberleigh
- Kimberleigh in song, story & screen