Kirra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kyra:
Feminine form of the Greek Kyros, a name thought to be derived from kyrios (lord) or from the Persian khur (the sun).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kirra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kirra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kirra
- Comments and insights on the name Kirra
- Personal experiences with the name Kirra
- Nicknames for Kirra
- Meanings and history of the name Kirra
The name Kirra (derived from the name Kyra) is Greek for Brilliant lady of light.
A friend of mine here in Australia recently called her daughter Kirra. Apparently it means "leaf" in an Aboriginal dialect.
- Famous real-life people named Kirra
- Kirra in song, story & screen
Kirra is the lead character in the 1980's musical Xanadu played by Olivia Newton John.