Kjerstin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kirsten:
Scandinavian cognate of Christine, derived from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin christiānus which is from the Ecclesiastic Greek christianos (a Christian, a follower of Christ).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kjerstin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kjerstin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kjerstin
- Comments and insights on the name Kjerstin
Kjerstin is the Norwegian version of the commonly-known Kirsten. Kjersti is often used as a nickname. It is also Swedish. Pronounced SHEER-stin.
- Personal experiences with the name Kjerstin
- Nicknames for Kjerstin
Kjersti (SHEER-stee), Kjerst (Sheerst), KJ
- Meanings and history of the name Kjerstin
- Famous real-life people named Kjerstin
Kjerstin Andersen, Norwegian handball goalkeeper and Olympic silver-medalist
Kjerstin Dellert, Swedish opera singer
- Kjerstin in song, story & screen