Klaire Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Claire:
Derived from the Latin clārus (bright, clear, famous). Clare is a common name throughout Europe and the British Isles, its popularity once due in part to the fame of St. Clare of Assisi (c. 1193 - 1253). The Italian nun who founded the order of the Poor Clares.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Klaire? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Klaire
Contribute your knowledge to the name Klaire
- Comments and insights on the name Klaire
This spelling is okay. I prefer Claire and Klair. Those are my favorites.
- Personal experiences with the name Klaire
My parents didn't want just another Claire or Clare. So Klaire came to light!
- Nicknames for Klaire
- Meanings and history of the name Klaire
- Famous real-life people named Klaire
- Klaire in song, story & screen