Kynthia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cynthia:
Popular name derived from the Latin and Greek Kynthia, a name for Artemus, the mythological goddess of the moon and hunting and twin sister of Apollo. The name has its root in Kynthios (from Kynthos, a mountain on the island of Delos).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kynthia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kynthia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kynthia
- Comments and insights on the name Kynthia
Greek form of Cynthia; pronounced keen-THEE-ah.
- Personal experiences with the name Kynthia
- Nicknames for Kynthia
- Meanings and history of the name Kynthia
- Famous real-life people named Kynthia
- Kynthia in song, story & screen